Saturday, November 20, 2010

Music Therapy

Who needs a therapist when there's music?  Music is a HUGE part of my life. I had a brief stint with violin in the third grade and played the piano for a couple of years and even competed. Oh and can't forget my handbell. Yes, you heard right. Handbells. I'm so grateful that my parents allowed me to take lessons and love and appreciate music even more. So, it's only natural that I have a certain inclination to use music as an expression. Here are a couple of musicians I think are innovative and not scared to stick out in the sometimes very predictable music industry. Music should not only provide you with fun times but also as a means to open your eyes to something new.  Here are the artists that's constantly playing on my Ipod especially during my drive to work. Some old, some new. All goodies. 


Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Mark Ronson - Record Collection


MY FAVORITE BAND...The Killers



Robyn - Body Talk Pt.1 and Pt. 2

Cee Lo - The Lady Killer. I've been listening to this song quite a bit. Makes me happy. Here's a link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0mxOXbWIU










1 comment:

  1. ATE! brandon flowers was just in salt lake this week.

    also for sure we need to go to some festivals.

    Do you like florence and the machine? she is in baltimore next summer(with u2) and i think i love them enough to justify not caring much for u2.

    ReplyDelete