Saturday, July 5, 2014

Skin SOS


My apologies for my dramatic title but when skin suddenly breakouts, it is an SOS moment.  I had one a couple of days ago. Skin was fine in the morning when I headed to work but once it was dinner time at my parent's house, the eruption happened. Thanks Pops for pointing them out!  As soon as I got home,  I took off all my makeup, washed my face with a mild cleanser, applied a face mask then slapped on some ointment to all the nasty suckers. I woke up the next morning and I saw amazing results!! Lads, I've tried loads of products from drugstore to high end. I think I have found the best ones! Very very happy girl here.

Avene Cleanance Mask. I've been a fan of this french brand for a couple of years now. Actually, I'm a huge fan of french skincare in general. Oui oui! I believe in treating skin as gently as possible even if one's skin is not sensitive.  Might post a separate one with strictly frenchie skincare as a lil treat. Anyway, this clay mask is formulated for oily to blemish prone skin. This mask has mild exfoliation qualities and is rich with Avene's Thermal Spring Water. A couple minutes of this and skin is mattified and smooth.  This is perfect for the summer. I use this once a week since my skin's not as oily as it used to be but if you have very oily skin, go wild and use it 2-3 times a week. Just don't leave it on for more than 5-10 minutes at at time or you might crack. :) This product can be purchased in selected Walgreens Look Boutiques ( Bonjour Walgreens DC Chinatown) or online drugstore.com.  If you're up for it and have some dough to drop, head on over to Europe! Oh and take me with you please. 

Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask.  This is the mask I slapped on when I had my little episode. Love love love love. It dries out pimples and sucks out any impurities. You can literally see your pores coming out when this has dried on the skin. Gross but I love seeing that it's working! I leave this on for a little longer than what the package says. Warning. It will be hard to show any emotions via your face when this has dried. Might make a great game in future get togethers.  Available in your nearest mall with an Origins store or Sephora aka Candyland.

Clean and Clear Acne Spot Treatment.  It is the best on the spot treatment I have EVER tried.  My skin reacts better to salicylic acid than benzoyl peroxide. I will always repurchase this and feel no need to try other brands. This is the best. It applies clear and is best worn under your moisturizer day and night. Apply this when you start feeling a bump and if you're brave, apply when the zit is inflamed. Gonna sting but no pain no gain!  It's also very budget friendly and available everywhere.  Open up any beauty magazine or blog and this sucker is always on the favorites list. 

Calendula Ointment.  Ok. Time to get gross and honest. I know we've all been told to not pick or pop (gasp!) spots but we all do it. No need to lie. So, if you do, this ointment is the shiz! Don't apply the Clean and Clean one but only this if you've done the deed. You will wake up the next morning with a much smaller bump and no blood or oooze or whatever comes out. To me, this is the most impressive product and I'm so glad to have researched and researched and found this miracle of an ointment. Mind you, this was not made specifically for  what was just mentioned but after reading the ingredients and reviews of others, I took a leap. I applied this paraben free product after the charcoal mask and I woke up with great results!! This stuff is also great for burns, insect bites and chapped lips. This is a miracle ointment. Please run to your closest Vitamin Shoppe or health food stores.  This is an all around great skin savior.  Plus, it's by the amazing french skincare manufacturer Boiron. No worries though. It's less than 10 dollars for this tube that will last you forever. 

Enjoy!

Pia

No comments:

Post a Comment